- Empty Egg Carton or (brown lunch bag, basket, or anything that will hold the eggs)
- 12 Plastic Eggs
- Tape or Glue
Sit the kids down in a circle. Begin to read to the kids the list 1-12 and open each egg one at a time while you are going through the list. Show the the children the little picture of what was in the egg and explain a short simplified story behind each one. Each egg has a different story.
- Palm Branch- this is for the triumphal entry. The palm leaves were thrown down when they saw Jesus coming. Matthew 21:8
- Bread- this is for the last supper when Jesus broke bread with the disciples. Matthew 26:26
- Praying Hands- this is for Jesus praying in the garden of Gethsemane. Mark 14:32
- Coins- this is for Judas betraying Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. Matthew 26:14-15
- Rope- this is for the rope that Jesus was bound with by soldiers Matthew 27:2
- Feather- this is for Peter denying Jesus three times and the rooster crowed like Jesus said it would. Matthew 26:34
- Thorns- this is for the crown of thorns that was placed on Jesus head. John 19:2
- Purple Robe- this is for Jesus robe that was taken away. Matthew 27:28
- Cross- this is for the cross that Jesus died on for our sins. John 19:17-18
- Tomb- this is for Jesus being placed in a tomb and rose on the third day. Matthew 28:5-6
- Fish- this is for Jesus eating fish with the disciples. Luke 24:41-33
- Clouds- this is for Jesus going up to Heaven. Act 1:11
Tape or glue the 1-12 list to the inside at the top of egg carton. If you are using a brown lunch bag just tape or glue to outside of bag. If you are using a basket then just tape to the side of basket.
Another option is that you could just let the kids color the page and take it home instead. Just talk about each one and what they represent.
More fun stuff for Sunday school at Church House Collection.