Search This Blog

Dec 6, 2011

Christmas Candy Cane Rabbit Sock Craft


"Christmas Candy Cane Rabbit Sock Craft"

  • 1 Child's Sock
  • Green Felt
  • 2 Blue Eyes (I used pronged jewels)
  • 1 Gold Nose (I used a pronged gold jewel)
  • 1 Candy Cane
  • 1 Christmas necklace with gold jingle bell
  • 7 Rubber Bands
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Rice (For filler)

Start by taking your sock and filling it up with rice. You will need to make two small feet and tie them off with a rubber band. Then add some more rice and tie off your arms next. Then tie off above the arms for the body. This might be a little difficult the first time you try this when you are trying to tie the little arms and legs off. You will get the hang of it after a few tries. Then add some more rice for the head and tie that off. You should have some remaining sock sticking up after this. Take your scissors and make a straight cut down the middle for ears. You will want to cut them in the shape of a leaf. I made a little hat and shirt out of felt. I do not have a patten and I just cut slits in the felt and slipped it over the rabbits arms and and hot glued the back. I did the same with the hat. I cut a strip of felt that looked like it would cover his head and put two small slits for his ears to go through. I just hot glued that in the back. I added his jewel eyes and nose and gave him a jingle bell necklace. I stuck a candy cane through the necklace. You could hot glue all that down if you want. Let your child make their own and cut little clothes out for their sock doll. My child helped make this one. Tons of fun!

You might also like:
Church House Crafts
Church House Collection
Snowman Sock Craft