Search This Blog

Apr 11, 2012

Bible Wheel Of Fortune Game and Cake


Bible Wheel Of Fortune Game

Bible Wheel Of Fortune Spinner-printable version
Bible Wheel of Fortune Template for front of box-printable version
Tape
Decorative Scissors
Small Cardboard Box
Brown Spray Paint
2 Pieces of Red Construction paper
Brad-for your spinner
Laminator

Making the box is totally optional. You could always just skip that part and just print the template out and make a small spinner for the kids to use. I was actually going to do that until I got some remarks from my child that I need to make it better than that. Got to love your kids!!! So I went back to the drawing table and was trying to figure out what I could use. I decided to use a small cardboard box that we've had crammed next to the freezer forever because my lovely husband likes to cram things into every nook and cranny in this place. hee hee.
I went out to my husband's shop and rooted around for some spray paint. I began to notice that my children had gotten into all the spray paint and used it up. And even better, the spray nozzles were missing off of everyone of them. After some looking I finally found some brown spray paint. Out into the yard I went and sprayed the box. I just sprayed the front and top. I left the sides and back white. I let it dry for a little bit and then took it inside. I grabbed 2 pieces of red construction paper and taped it to the top and front of the box. I printed out the Bible Wheel of Fortune template for the front of the box and used decorative scissors to cut around it. I taped that on top of the red construction paper on the front of the box. Then I printed out the wheel spinner and cut it out. I laminated the wheel and the arrow. I put a brad through the arrow, wheel and box. I just used a push pin to make my hole first and then pushed the brad through it.
*If you are not able to laminate, then try gluing or taping the template to a round cutout piece of cardboard. You might want to make the spinner out of cardboard too if you go that route.
Pick out several scriptures from the Bible and write them on note cards so that way you have them. They will represent the different rounds.

If you have a large white marker board just write your dashes on the board for the scripture. 


Split the kids into two teams. Then pick who will go first. Have the child spin the spinner. If it lands on a number then let them guess a letter. If the letter is part of the puzzle then write it on board on top of the blank. Let's say the spinner landed on $500 and they guessed an M and there was 3 M's in the puzzle then they would get $15,000.
If they guess a vowel then it will cost them $100 every time they want to use it. The team will continue to spin the wheel and guess the letters until they have missed one or solved the puzzle. When they missed one then it is the other teams turn. The game will continue on until the puzzle is solved. This is really good for kids to learn Bible verses or to review on lessons that you have previously taught. 


You could make a Bible Wheel of Fortune cake too!






Bible Wheel of Fortune Cake 

Small Round Cake Pan
Bible Wheel of Fortune Template
Toothpicks
White Frosting
Cake Mix
Laminator

Just bake a cake in a small round pan and let it cool down. Ice the cake in white frosting. Print the Bible Wheel of Fortune template off. Cut it out and laminate it. Lay the wheel down on top of the cake. Then take some toothpicks or you could use pretzel sticks and stick down in the edge of cake all around for the metal spikes. This is just an easy way to make this cake. If you really want to get all out there then you could attempt the real deal by piping all that mess on there. hahahah I thought I would skip on that for today. I was not up for that. I seen some pretty cool cakes that people made of these and they actually iced all of the wheel on top. I even seen one that actually spun. Once again I was not up for all that. You might want to take the cake out of the cake pan and finish icing the cake. I just left mine in the cake pan because I felt like it... :)
(In case if you haven't noticed, I really like my laminator I got from Wal-mart. I use it a lot throughout this website. I like to laminate everything!)

Make this for a fun snack for the kids at church. Play the Bible Wheel of Fortune Game with them to help them get excited about learning scriptures.