Search This Blog

Dec 24, 2012

Christmas Candy Cane Gingerbread Gumdrop Blue Cake


Christmas Candy Cane Gingerbread Gumdrop Blue Cake
  • Spice Drops
  • White Cake Mix- 2 boxes
  • White Frosting
  • Blue Food Coloring
  • Gingerbread Cookies In A Package
  • Candy Canes
  • Piping Bag and Tip
  • Fork - to run lines in the icing
  • Two Small round cake pans

I made a fun Christmas cake for our church dinner. I made 4 small round cakes and stacked them on top of each other. I iced it in blue icing and then I took a fork and run it through the icing around the cake to make lines in the cake. I added some white frosting to a decorating bag and piped some swirls on the top and around the middle and bottom. I stuck some gum drops (spice drops) in the swirls. I added some gingerbread cookies (already made in a bag) and placed those around the cake in the middle and on the bottom. I added a gingerbread cookie to the top along with some candy canes stuck down in the top of the cake. I left the wrapper on the candy canes because I didn't want the color of the red to bleed into the cake.

Not my best work in the world but hey it works.







You might also like:
Christmas